LTHD firmware version 15 changes the way that the Aurora interacts with ProTools, largely in response to changes that were enacted in ProTools version 12.5 and above. For anyone using one of these versions, updating to firmware rev 15 is highly recommended.
1) With 24 or 32 channels Aurora(n)'s, the I/O will appear in the correct order in the I/O setup
2) If an LM-DIG is installed, the Aurora(n) will appear as follows:
* With 8 channels of analog I/O, it will appear as a single HD I/O with 8 analog and 8 digital. Digital I/O channels 9-16 will not be available.
* With 16 channels of analog I/O, it will appear as two HD I/Os, each of which have 8 analog and 8 digital channels. HD I/O #1 will carry channels 1-8 of analog an digital, HD I/O #2 will carry channels 9-16 of analog and digital.
* With 24 channels of analog I/O, it will appear as two HD I/Os, with 16 analog channels each. Channels 9-16 of the second instance of the HD I/O will carry digital channels 1-8. Digital channels 9-16 will not be available
4) Performance at 192khz has been improved
3) You will no longer change sync source in the ProTools hardware setup. Desired Sync Source will be established from the Clock Settings page on the Aurora(n). If using the Aurora(n) on internal clock, then the default settings in ProTools will be fine. If using the Aurora(n) on an external clock source (wordclock or digital in), we suggest setting the clock source for the unit in the ProTools hardware setup page to "wordclock" at the project sample rate.
4) If using an external clock source, and you wish to create or open a project at a different sample rate, we recommend the following steps
* Close the current session
* Open the ProTools Hardware Setup
* Change the sample rate on your external clock source to the rate of the project you intend to open or create
* Set the sample rate on the hardware setup page for the Aurora hardware to match the external sample rate
* Close the hardware setup page
* Open or create a new project at the new sample rate
5) Firmware 15 should remedy AAE errors on launch, as well as noise blasts when ProTools is closed