LTHD firmware version 15 changes the way that the Aurora interacts with ProTools, largely in response to changes that were enacted in ProTools version 12.5 and above. For anyone using one of these versions, updating to firmware rev 15 is highly recommended.
1) Performance at 192khz has been improved
2) You will no longer change sync source in the ProTools hardware setup. Desired Sync Source will be established from the SYNC SOURCE button on the front panel of the Aurora. Set the desired SYNC SOURCE before launching ProTools, then power cycle the Aurora to save that state. If using the Aurora on internal clock, then the default settings in ProTools will be fine. If using the Aurora on an external clock source (EXT or AES IN), we suggest setting the clock source for the unit in the ProTools hardware setup page to "wordclock" at the project sample rate.
3) If using an external clock source, and you wish to create or open a project at a different sample rate, we recommend the following steps
* Close the current session
* Open the ProTools Hardware Setup
* Change the sample rate on your external clock source to the rate of the project you intend to open or create
* Set the sample rate on the hardware setup page for the Aurora hardware to match the external sample rate
* Close the hardware setup page
* Open or create a new project at the new sample rate
4) Firmware 15 should remedy AAE errors on launch, as well as noise blasts when ProTools is closed