If you recently updated the firmware on your AES16e card and the firmware updated failed, you may need to revert to the factory firmware to have the card seen by your computer system. To do this:
1. Turn off and unplug the computer and remove the AES16e card.
2. On the component side of the board there is a multi-pin connector with a sheath around it. Next to this are three pins labelled JP7. Two of the pins are capped with a jumper.
3. Next to the capped pins it is silk screen "PROM 2". Remove the jumper and place it one pin over, by the side labelled "PROM 1". The middle pin will still be capped.
4. Return the card to its slot, plug in and turn on the computer.
5. If the OS now recognizes the card, run the latest firmware updater for the card.
When complete, shut down computer.
6. Remove the AC cord, remove the card, and put the jumper back to its original position on the side labeled "PROM 2".
7. Reinstall the card and boot into the OS. The card should now operate with the current firmware.
Please sign in to leave a comment.